Note: Bargaining updates can also be found in the bargaining category.
The union bargaining team met on November 6th to review and discuss member input gathered from our recent survey on working conditions among U of S TAs, RAs, and SAs. Based on those survey results, your team has generated the following items in its unranked mandate for bargaining:
- Strengthen harassment and discrimination language to ensure a fair and speedy process when an incident occurs.
- Ensure Employment Supervisors receive training on the collective agreement so they understand members’ rights and supervisory responsibilities.
- Ensure the union gets the information it needs from the Employer so it can defend the rights of members, and ensure members get the information they need so they know their rights.
- Get more details in the letter of offer so members understand what their responsibilities are.
- Ensure members receive notice of appointment at least a week before the appointment begins.
- Ensure members have an opportunity to meet with the Employment supervisor to complete Appendix B during the first week of classes.
- Ensure members are not required to work more hours than their contract stipulates without remuneration.
- Improve compensation and benefits.
The union needs your feedback on the mandate the team has produced from the bargaining surveys. To that end, we would like to provide you with two opportunities to share that feedback, either by email or in person.
- By survey monkey: please click on the following link to share your thoughts https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Mandate-info
Your PSAC Local 40004 Bargaining Team
Jesse Todd (PSAC Regional Rep)
Silja Freitag (PSAC Researcher)
John Eustace (PSAC Negotiator)
The Arbitrator awarded the final contract for PDFs. It has been a long road to get here, and this is a big cause for celebration!! Find out the highlights of the new contract.
The PDF bargaining team met with the employer. Read their update.
Graduate Student Workers voted in favour of ratifying the contract. The contract for Graduate Student Workers can be viewed here.
No movement on wages. Bargaining update available here: March_2017_Update
February 3, 2017:
Bargaining update with information on insultingly low wage offer from the university available here: Feb_2017_Update
December 19, 2016:
Bargaining update available here: December 19 Bargaining Update
November 2, 2016:
Bargaining update available here: Nov_2016_Update
Monetary proposals (revised Collective Agreement Package #2) available here: Final_Monetary_Package_for_members
September 2, 2016:
Bargaining update available here: September 2 Bargaining Update
Proposals for a Collective Agreement Package #2 available here: Proposals for a Collective Agreement Package 2
April 30, 2016:
Bargaining update available here: Bargaining Update April 30, 2016
March 6, 2016:
The bargaining team met and exchanged proposals with the employer on March 3rd. More information can be found here: BargainingUpdateMarch2016