PSAC Local 40004 Postdoc Members
February 13, 2018
Your bargaining team met the employer two days negotiating your first collective agreement with the University. We made some progress on issues such as access to facilities, discipline, and duties and responsibilities.
While we have discussed most of our non-monetary issues, there are still a number of important outstanding items, such as ensuring that the employer is limited from using too many short-term appointments, and full recognition of the hours that members work.
This session, we tabled all of our proposals on monetary issues. You’re encouraged to read them. We are asking for, among other issues:
- Significant increases to the minimum salary for postdocs as well as reasonable increases in each year
- Access to a wide range of benefits: health and dental benefits, life insurance, the USask pension plan and personal and health care spending accounts
- Ensuring that CPP and EI apply to postdocs
- A professional development fund accessible to all postdocs
- Ensuring that postdocs are considered employees for all purposes
- Reasonable amounts of vacation and sick leave
- Numerous other leaves, including for professional development, bereavement, maternity, and for personal reasons
We will be back at the table in March, April and May. We will update you after each session of negotiations.
Please contact any member of your bargaining team if you have any questions or concerns. Our Local’s email is email@example.com
Your bargaining team:
Suelen M. Goes
Seth Sazant, PSAC negotiator