Dear graduate workers, members of our newly certified TA/RA Union,
It has been nearly 3 months since the certification of USask Association of Graduate Employees (AGE). You made it happen and now it is time to exercise your rights as members of this new organization. Let’s all come together and build a strong union local!
Many of you have been asking what is happening next and how you can get involved. In order to address your questions and concerns, we are holding public meetings on June 22nd (5:30pm – 7pm) and June 23rd (1pm – 2:30pm). Both meetings will take place at the Saskatoon Regional Office of the Public Service Alliance Canada (PSAC) at 511 1st Avenue North.
The purpose of these meetings is to inform you about where we are at, what needs to be done in the coming months, and to answer questions about the bargaining process and running a union local. This is the perfect opportunity for you to get involved! We will form an interim steering committee that will guide our progress until we have formal executive elections in the Fall.
At these meetings, PSAC negotiator Hassan Husseini will be explaining the bargaining process and answering any questions we may have. Hassan will be working with us in the coming months on the following steps before we can start negotiations.
- public call for participation/form an interim committee (MONDAY JUNE 22/TUESDAY JUNE 23)
- elect / select a bargaining team (JULY, TBA)
- negotiations training of the team (ONGOING)
- survey of membership – what are our key demands in each faculty?
- research – what can we reasonably ask for?
- preparation of bargaining proposals (or in this case a draft CA considering that this is a first agreement)
- bargaining schedule (selecting dates with University)
See you there!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions in regards to the upcoming meetings.